Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Borut
Collaborator
Collaborator

Double prompt after upgrading to R81.20

Hi

Every gaia machine we have upgraded to R81.20 so far is having a weird prompt bug in gaia clish. 

If I log-in locally with a tacacs account the prompt is duplicated, even though it's set up correctly

s-cpmng:TACP-0s-cpmng:TACP-0> show clienv prompt
%M>

it seems the prompt is OK if I log-in with a local account

s-cpmng> show clienv prompt
%M>

Any ideas how to fix that?

Version info: HOTFIX_R81_20_JUMBO_HF_MAIN Take: 41

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never experienced that in any version at all. Ran same command in R81.20 jumbo 54 and output is the same. Just curious...does it happen if you create new admin?

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect a TAC case may be necessary here: https://help.checkpoint.com 

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

I know TACACS can push CLI changes to clients. For example, I've seen it used to distribute a command aliasing 'rm' to 'rm -i' to force rm to prompt by default for every file it's about to remove. Maybe something like that is being used to set the prompt, and R81.20 appends its own prompt value to it?

0 Kudos
Borut
Collaborator
Collaborator

TAC said it should be fixed in JHA T54. Since it's not recommended yet we'll wait until it is and test it then. Will post the result here.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just curious, was there any PRJ number associated with it? I only see 3 things related to it below, but none really exact to what you are asking.

Andy

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Jumbo_HFA/R81.20/R81.20/Take_54.htm?tocpath=_____6

0 Kudos
Borut
Collaborator
Collaborator

This is what was referenced in the TAC case. The SK shows same symptoms even though it's about maestro.

PRJ-47762,
PRHF-29491

Scalable Platforms

Gaia Clish prompt does not appear after a TACACS user logs into a Maestro Security Group. Refer to sk181149.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Got it!

0 Kudos
Borut
Collaborator
Collaborator

I can confirm installing JHFA T65 has solved the bug.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events