cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maad-pul
Participant
Jump to solution

Disable IP-advertisement for a VS

I would like to disable IP-adertisement for a VS within my VSX-cluster for some VLAN and Virtual Switch interfaces (warp). VS will be moved to a VMware CloudGuard solution and I will reuse IP-addresses and VLAN in the new infrastructure.

I can’t find any disable option for interfaces in SmartConsole for VS within VSX-cluster?

Will cpstop for a specific VS stop advertisement for all interfaces for that VS?

Do you have any suggestions for a smooth migration with reuse of IP-addresses?

Regards

Mattias

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

You can create new virtual switches with different VLAN-IDs and use the newly created virtual switches for your interfaces instead of the one in production.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure what you mean by "disable IP advertisement" can you elaborate?

0 Kudos
maad-pul
Participant

I need to get IP-addresses disabled for the VS vlan-interfaces so I don’t get any IP-conflicts when migrating to new environment. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I dont believe cpstop would take care of that, as it would simply remove active policy, not any IP schema. Personally, I never heard of such a command, not sure if it exists, but lets see if someone else know if there is a way.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@maad-pul you can change the ip-addresses or as another option change the VLAN IDs to something currently not in used in your VSX environment.

0 Kudos
maad-pul
Participant

I dont think cpstop will work either, even if that was a solution informed by TAC. Change IP-addresses seems like the only solution which is 100% sure for now, some VLANs are used by other VS (via vswitch) so they cant be change in the VSX.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

You can tell them to test it in their lab and they will see the result. So, what you mentioned appears to be most logical way

Andy

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

You can create new virtual switches with different VLAN-IDs and use the newly created virtual switches for your interfaces instead of the one in production.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events