Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abihsot__
Advisor

Datacenter objects doesn't appear in policy search?

Hi there,

We do use few datacenter objects (from AWS) in the policy and I noticed that policy search function when using something like "src:IP " ignores the rules with them. If you search by datacenter object "name", it would display it.

If you hover your mouse on datacenter object there is IP or network displayed, so my assumption was that policy search function would read these fields too.

We have only few such objects in the policy, but if some companies would use it more heavily you are screwed. How you deal with this issue? Any tips and tricks? 

management is R81.10

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im fairly sure thats by default. I also tested in R81.20, same thing.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect this is by design since the management doesn’t know the content of the datacenter object (only the gateways do).

0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

Interesting, however in the console when you view details of the object, IP is visible. So there must be a way this information is passed to management server (note field).

My concern is that policy management would become extremely difficult with datacenter objects. I hope this gets visibility. In my opinion it is serious limitation.

image.png

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im with you there, definitely a big limitation.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SmartConsole is able to provide the current list of IPs in the Generic Datacenter object based on CloudGuard Controller (which runs on the management).
This information is not currently integrated into SmartView.
Possible this limitation doesn't exist in R81.20 with Network Feeds (which is, FYI, the recommended approach going forward).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events