Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DirkB
Contributor

DHCP relay option 77 (userClassID) - how to do?

Hello,

we have ClusterXL SGW R.81.10 with DHCP relay enabled, basically it works fine.

But for some structuring, we need various gradations in the DHCP scope, which can easily be done with UserClassID (option 77). At the client the option 77 can be seen in DHCP request (without errors) in Wireshark, but the Checkpoint DHCP relay apparently does not transmit this option 77, at the DHCP server only the option 60 (vendorClassID) arrives, not option 77. I have not found anything special in the documents, only in https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... ... 

om_extended_dhcp_params.png
The parameter "om_extended_dhcp_params" is enabled (so  according to this source also the option 77 should be supported (forwarded) ... are there further necessary settings? What am I missing?  I would be surprised if this is not supported

Thanks for your support

0 Kudos
7 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im pretty sure it should be supported. Let me do some testing in my lab Thursday, as I dont have access to it at the moment.

0 Kudos
DirkB
Contributor

Thank you @the_rock !

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

For you, no charge 😉

0 Kudos
DirkB
Contributor

By the way, there is an error in the article  https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... ... , the command "ipconfig /setclassid adapter [classid]" does not set option 60 (vendorClassID), instead option 77 (userClassID) - if you don't believe it, do Wireshark 😉  ... Option 60 (vendorClassID) is e.g. with Microsoft always "MSFT 5.0" by default.

Who corrects the articles in the database?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe it, as I gave feedback about it before and it was never fixed. I think it goes to someone in Israel, who, no clue.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The SecureKnowledge team is responsible for addressing any feedback left in SK articles.
They are usually pretty prompt at corrections unless it requires some extra validation from R&D.

0 Kudos
DirkB
Contributor

Ok, thank you, I've left this as short feedback in the article.

Any hints for DHCP option 77 with Checkpoint relay?  thx.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events