cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayTee-Hove
Participant

Creating an HA cluster with multiple gateways

Good Day

I have a customer who is doing a hardware refresher by replacing two 4800s with four 6500 turbos and requires a new HA cluster configuration with 4 gateways in active/standby. Two of the gateways will be in a remote location. What I am gathering is that the customer will need to extend the current VLAN where existing gateways are. Could someone kindly guide me on how to set this up? I have only configured a two gateway cluster before.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mdjmcnally
Advisor

You are going to need R80.40 for more then 2 Gateways in High Availability.

The new Active-Active Mode that allows to run on different IP for each location apparently is limited to 1 Member per location, so don't believe is going to work for you.

In terms of spanning the VLANs then 

A) need a Layer 2 connectivity from a provider between the two locations, which will allow the spanning of the VLAN.

B) Possibly use Network Equipment to do this yourself but configuration going to be vendor specific.

Neither of these involves any configuration on the Check Point side.

Check Point installation no different to other ClusterXL installations, during the wizard simply repeat for all Cluster Members based on what is in the Installation Guide for R80.40

0 Kudos
JayTee-Hove
Participant

So in this configuration, if there is only one cluster then that means only one gateway will be active and the rest will be on standby?
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Per the Cluster XL admin guide:

cxl.png

The configuration is similar if you're opting for a stretched Layer-2 design.
Attention should be paid to the configured gateway priorities:

cluster.png

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events