Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russellstewart
Participant
Jump to solution

Creating a Bond from an interface configured with VLANS

Good Morning,

I have a single CP 5800 running R80.30 that has a single interface configured with multiple (128) VLANS. I now need to set the uplink to a Bond so I can use vPC from a pair of Cisco N5K

from what I have read it appears that I need to 

1. Delete the VLANS which will remove them from the interface as well as the firewall configuration

2. Create the Bond group 

3. Add the VLAN including IP address, VLAN number and make it a member of the Bond.

As I am lazy and not really looking forward to doing this is there a smarter way of doing this ?

I have learnt my lesson, next time I need to put VLANS on an interface I will create the Bond, even if it is a single interface, and then create the VLANS.

Could I follow the advice given in Solved: How to add VLAN interface in cluster - Check Point CheckMates and 

Delete the VLANS via the GUI then using the CLI and using excel or similar create something like

add interface Bond5 vlan 3128

set interface Bond5.3128 ipv4-address 192.168.200.2 mask-length 24

save config

Then in Smart Console Get Interface without topology, then update the topology on the bond, I assume I would also need to update the topology on all the other interfaces, or is Smart Console smart enough to deal with that?

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If I were you, I would do it clish method. Just write down all the commands needed (change vlan ID and ip on each new line for new vlan) and then simply paste that into clish. Before doing that though, maybe save the current config by running from expert -> clish -c "show configuration" > /var/log/config.txt

And yes, the link you pasted is perfect reference. And no, you are NOT lazy, because if you were, I dont think you would have put 5% of effort into your research : - )

Cheers,

Andy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Sounds about right.

0 Kudos
russellstewart
Participant

Thanks Val,

Which part sounds right, me being lazy, having to do each vlan through the GUI  or being able to generate the CLI commands and copy and paste 🙂 

Cheers

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

lol, either would work, but CLI is the way

0 Kudos
russellstewart
Participant

Thanks, have a great week

the_rock
Legend
Legend

If I were you, I would do it clish method. Just write down all the commands needed (change vlan ID and ip on each new line for new vlan) and then simply paste that into clish. Before doing that though, maybe save the current config by running from expert -> clish -c "show configuration" > /var/log/config.txt

And yes, the link you pasted is perfect reference. And no, you are NOT lazy, because if you were, I dont think you would have put 5% of effort into your research : - )

Cheers,

Andy

russellstewart
Participant

Thanks for the replies, looks like CLI is the way to go, I will update the post after I have made the change, may be a week or two

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)