Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmw471
Explorer

Console BIOS Setup (P-230/12600)

I recently purchased a second-hand Checkpoint P-230 (12600) and I am trying to get into the BIOS setup so I can boot from USB and do an install on a new drive

I can successfully connect to the console port and see the BIOS start to POST. 

When I press <TAB> or <DEL> to get into the BIOS setup, it immediately jumps to the Areca RAID controller BIOS rather than entering setup.   

I can configure the RAID controller so the serial console is accepting keystrokes

I also cleared the CMOS (jumper and battery removal) to no avail

Any suggestions on successfully accessing the BIOS setup so this unit isn't a boat anchor?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

First of all, we do not allow end users to access the BIOS on our appliances.
There are very few reasons in reality you would need to do this and it must be done by TAC over a remote session.

Second: it should not be necessary to boot off of a USB drive as this should be allowed by default.
The USB should be prepared by the ISOmorphic utility, downloaded from: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 
Note that not all USB drives will work.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I agree, only time I've ever had to access the BIOS was to enabled hyper-threading on a 12400 appliance which was done via TAC.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I recall in the past the password to get into bios was uranus or uranius or something like that, but as phoneboy said, there is really no reason for user to change anything bios related. Does not even sound like you are getting prompt to enter the password to begin with..

Andy

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

It was indeed a planet.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, so you got in? Just keep in mind, anything gets screwed up in there, TAC will NEVER help you, just saying :))

Andy

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

just agreeing with you, pmw471 is the one with the issue, also TAC  may not help anyway, as I suspect there may not be a support contract in place.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sorry, correct, my apologies. I believe TAC would help, but only if its something they deem that needs to be changed in BIOS...thats at least my personal experience. But then again, with any vendor TAC, it really depends who you get...some folks are way more helpful than others.

Andy

0 Kudos
Fred_Bbaale1
Explorer

On our part , we would not need TAC. We just want to use some old appliance for Linux

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events