cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Zelechow
Participant

Configure OSPF in ECMP Environment

Hello Checkmates,

I have an issue working out how to configure OSPF in my environment. I have a ClusterXL pair of 6500 Gateways E80.40. I want to connect them to a pair of backbone switches which use OSPF to route between them and to the rest of the network using ECMP paths from each Backbone. From what I can tell OSPF routing in a ClusterXL environment is dependent on the VIP of the interfaces. However, each interface in my environment would sit in a different subnet, one subnet for each interface that connects to each backbone. It is unclear whether such an environment is supported, or how I go about configuring the interfaces and VIP. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

If you cannot mesh the interfaces using bonds you can explore the following option using Cluster XL:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.40/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.40_ClusterXL_AdminGuide/Topics-...

Alternately the firewalls could be deployed not in a clustered arrangement but you would need to manage the risk of asynchronous traffic / lack of state syncronization / fail over via routing.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events