Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-K-
Contributor
Jump to solution

Checkpoint VRRP cluster

Hi All,

we have VRRP cluster enabled on the security gateways and would like to see when VRRP flap occurred and state has been changed from Master to Backup. (which specific keywords to look /var/log/messages) i tried to look for "down,state,change,master" but not so clear about that.

Also, is there any ways we can check VRRP status for specific gateway that when the last failover/state change occured and since when VRRP state is UP and no failover happened.

Any pointer please.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe the clish command show vrrp interfaces will show you what you’re after.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe the clish command show vrrp interfaces will show you what you’re after.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Going forward, I'd suggest enabling "Send Syslog messages to management server" in Gaia as well as SNMP traps for VRRP, if you have an SNMP platform in place.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Are you looking for specific alert to be sent when this happens?

0 Kudos
-K-
Contributor

Mainly i would like to understand one of the box which is in Master state is in master state since how long..?

when it was last flapped

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

cphaprob state

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That doesn't work for VRRP since ClusterXL is only used for sync in that case.
The command I provided (show vrrp interfaces) will tell you when the last state change occurred.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

You are absolutely right, I did not think of that : )

0 Kudos
-K-
Contributor

Thank for your input.

Are we talking about Time since transition: xxxxxx  entry right. i believe its in seconds.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's the one, and it is in seconds.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events