cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_N
Contributor

Change Cluster mode

Hello

Does anybody know – is it possible to change Cluster operation mode from HA to Load Sharing mode without downtime?

Are there any additional steps required besides changing mode on configuration page?

Regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jeff_Gao
Advisor

I think it is better for a downtime,All guesses are unreliable of this operation.
0 Kudos
Andy_N
Contributor

Jeff_Gao, did you do that operation?
0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Andrey,

it is not possible to change the mode without downtime,

Sync between the members is lost and is started newly again. Before you change the cluster mode you have to decide which mode do you want to run. Multicast ore unicast ?

You have to check with your switch capabilities which mode you should use. Unicast is almost the mode with which most of the switch vendors has no problems. With multicast you're switches and routers attached to the cluster should support these.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Andy_N
Contributor

Wolfgang

According your reply - downtime will be min,  right? It takes a few seconds for changing mode, isint it?

No need to reassemble cluster again, right?

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Normally this should be changed quick.

Last time I did in my lab environment I had to reboot both nodes. And again be aware of the multi- or unicast mode, this ist the most to observing part.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version are you currently running?
For R80.20 and R80.30, this is only supported with the most recent jumbo and enabling support for it.
See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Is-CP-planning-to-support-Load-Sharing-in-future-...

In either case, if you’re using Load Sharing with VPN, this is not currently supported past R80.10.

0 Kudos
Andy_N
Contributor

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events