cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Can we install R80.10 on 4600 and 2200?

What I understood from multiple SKs that R80.10 min need to have 8GB RAM and 64bit OS. However since these appliances are having MAX 4 GB and 2GB RAM respectively. Wondering if R80.10 can be installed on the same?

The main confusion here is;  since the appliances EOS are at 2021 however R77.30 is getting expired on Sept19 wondering what are the options available after Sept19 if R80.10 can not be installed on these appliances? Trade-in?

TIA 

Blason R

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

I later referred documents carefully and yes R80.10 can be installed on devices where devices should only have enforcement role deployed. However for Standalone deployment you need to have Min 8GB RAM.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Yep, recently I "upgraded" on old 2200 running R77.30 to pair of 4600 with R80.10. Went in with no probs at all

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

keep in mind there are 2 versions of the 2200 one with 1 GB of mem and the 2200B with 2GB of memory. I would expect that when you need more than just IPS, FW and VPN the 1GB version could be a bit of a problem.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Aidan_Luby
Collaborator

I've installed R80.10 on both 2200's and 4600's. The 4600's required an upgrade from 4 GB to 8 GB of ram, I can try to find out the part number if you'd like, it was kind of hard to find since I think the RAM upgrade is EOS but we were able to get it anyways.

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

I really doubt if 4600 supports memory upgrade? its an 32 Bit OS and can not support more than 4GB OS

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
Aidan_Luby
Collaborator

Adding another 4GB stick of Ram allowed me to upgrade to 64 bit in the Gaia Webpage. 

0 Kudos
KennyManrique
Advisor

Hi Aidan,

We saw the SKU for memory upgrade for 2200 to 4600 but every time we asked to CP support, they said those models do not support memory upgrade...

Can you share the working SKU for the models mentioned?

Regards.

Aidan_Luby
Collaborator

Hey Kenny,

We in did in fact purchase the memory upgrade for both of our 4600's last year and I upgraded the memory myself. There was some confusion initially and the part may say it's for the 4800 but it worked and our Account Manager and Engineer confirmed this was the correct part beforehand.

Here's the SKU: CPAC-RAM4GB-INSTALL

You can even see it here on CDW

Additionally here's a guide which mentions the 4600's capability to increase the memory capacity from 4 GB to 8 GB Check Point 4000 and TE250 Appliances Installing and Removing Memory

KennyManrique
Advisor

Thank you Aidan!

That's exactly the same SKU I had before. Now I'm absolutely sure that the memory upgrade will work.

Regards.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

64bit OS is generally not an option until you have more than 4GB of RAM installed.

Note that from R80.20, there is only 64bit OS. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Note the below accessories are subject to availability as the corresponding appliance ranges are End-of-Sale.

SKU: CPAC-RAM4GB-4400 

DESCRIPTION: 4GB Memory upgrade for 4400 appliances

SKU: CPAC-RAM4GB / CPAC-RAM4GB-INSTALL

DESCRIPTION: 4GB Memory upgrade for 4600, 4800 and 12200 appliances

4000 RAM Install Guide:

http://downloads.checkpoint.com/dc/download.htm?ID=27160

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events