cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan_de_Gier
Participant

CLI slow response on new appliances

Hi,

We recently added new hardware (3100 and 5600 Appliances) on R80.10. They seem to be very slow with responses to CLI commands.

Log in through SSH it takes about 8 seconds after I enter the username to get the password proomt and after entering the password it takes up to 25 seconds to get the CLI prompt ( I am using local username and password).

Logging in through Console is instantly.

When in expert mode trying to get the ARP table is very slow too. It give one entry at a time and about 2-3 seconds between entries.

I was wondering if anyone has the same experience and whether it is something that is related to R80.10 or the new appliances? We only run R80.10 on the new appliances and  the management server (open server) and the management server responds instantly for both log in and the "arp -a" command.

What can be done to make CLI faster? CPU usage is very low. all 4 CPU's are 95% or more idle.

Thanks.

Jan 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Check your firewall's Gaia DNS server configuration, the servers you have configured aren't reachable.  If these boxes are not yet deployed on your production network where the DNS servers are located, simply unconfigure all Gaia DNS servers until the appliances are put into production.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Jan_de_Gier
Participant

Thanks Tim,

You were right. The primary DNS server that I was given seems not responsive. As soon as I changed that to the IP address of the secondary it was fine.

Jan

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events