Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
babicmilan
Collaborator

Bug or something other

Hello, I have a version R81.20 Jumbo Hotfix Take 76 on my gateways in ClusterXL, but when I have upgraded it to a Take 84 (recommended version) I get some issues regarding internet access.

Connection terminated before the Security Gateway was able to make a decision: Insufficient data passed.
To learn more see sk113479.

It seems like issue with policy match.

I have inline layer created for internet access (rule ID: 79). Instead of connections match rule 79.15 they match rule 79.

I didn't find a cause of the problem and I have downgrade to Hotfix Take 76

How to resolve problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This error message is considered "normal" and a function of how modern application-aware firewalls operate.
In short:

• On first packet, you only know source/destination/service from an IP header perspective.
  • Additional packets are required to fully classify the traffic (e.g. we need to see HTTP headers or information not available in the first packet).
  • Assuming there's at least ONE accept rule on the relevant port, traffic will be allowed until the traffic can be properly classified.
  • If the underlying connection closes before classification occurs, you will see the error you mention. 

Again, this is expected behavior and documented in the referenced SK: https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk113479 

The fact you rolled back begs the question: were your users experiencing any actual issues as a result of these errors?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events