Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B_P
Advisor

Breaking Gaia RADIUS Change in R81.10 T79?

Anyone else use RADIUS to authenticate for GAIA and it broke after upgrading to Take 79? SmartConsole still works. Logs from RADIUS server says authorized, but Gaia says permission denied.

Tried fix related to PRJ-38144, PRHF-22814 just for kicks, but didn't help.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I heard another customer had this issue and they rolled back to previous jumbo and worked fine again. Definitely seems like an issue with take 79.

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

I am using Take 79 and RADIUS is working fine for me. But I didnt install any older Takes, only Take 79 on top of R81.10 (new deployment).

That said, are you able to uninstall any of previously installed Takes and install only Take 79 on R81.10 ? Maybe there is some conflict between different Takes...

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
B_P
Advisor

Curious, are you using RADIUS to authenticate Gaia administrators?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please take it with TAC

0 Kudos
B_P
Advisor

Val, I post on here so I can avoid talking to TAC.

(3)
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Lol, I appreciate it, but sometimes we have to. If it is a bug, there is no other way.

0 Kudos
Ambar
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Val is correct, the proper way is to open a ticket to TAC

As we’ve noticed your post we are looking into it and working on this in R&D

As a work around you can add a server or update one attribute and the RADIUS will return

Regardless a solution will be introduced in the coming jumbos

0 Kudos
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

same issue on every cluster updated with Take 79...

it's looks like this jumbo "forget" the radius key .

try to remove the radius config and add it again and it will works
🙂

0 Kudos
Nik_Bloemers
Advisor

I can confirm, this also happens on management too (seen it on MDS and a dedicated SmartEvent server). Deleting the aaa radius-servers from CLISH and then re-adding them fixes it.

0 Kudos
jgarcias
Participant

I've had a similar problem after upgrading to latest jumbo on R81.10. I think the problem could be the PSK got corrupted somewhere.... after configuring it again in the GAIA the RADIUS auth started working again. Did you try that? Also try to remove and re-add the RADIUS servers again if the PSK workaround didn't work

0 Kudos
Ambar
Employee
Employee

Hi, I would like to update that a Jumbo containing a fix will be released in the coming one

dehaasm
Collaborator

Strange we have the same issue on all gateways and SMS upgraded to r81.10 take 81 was this already fixed or do we need to manually reconfigure the radius on all manually?

0 Kudos
jgarcias
Participant

Try only to configure the preshared key again and check if that fixes the issue. It worked fine for me... I didn't have to reconfigure all regarding RADIUS, only the PSK

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

According to the JHF documentation it was fixed in take 82:

2023-01-18 10_40_44-List of All Resolved Issues and New Features.png

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The following was resolved in T82:

After an upgrade, the RADIUS Server is unavailable and authentication fails.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events