cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmorgan
Contributor
Jump to solution

Active Standby CLI Prompt in Expert Mode

A few years ago a consultant came in and set up some security gateways with me. As part he configured the gateways so that they would show ":ACTIVE]" or ":STANDBY]" at the end of the expert mode prompt. I have since done a clean install on the gateways and cant for the life of me find any reference anywhere to how i can reconfigure this. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

It's worth noting the exact solution in that thread adds the status as of when BASH is started. The status in the prompt does not update if the member's status changes. To get live updates, you need to escape the dollar sign with a backslash. When you run 'echo $PS1', it should still have the '$(cphaprob stat ...)' block in it.

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

When you scroll down that thread PhoneBoy mentioned you'll find solutions for live updates of the ClusterXL status plus colored output.

Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Yes, and if you scroll down, you'll see that I posted one of those solutions for live updates. 😉

I pointed this out because the post tagged as the solution is promoted to show up as the very second item above all the replies, but it has a limitation which can cause the prompt to be misleading. Misleading information is often worse than no information.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Anyone can mark a reply as a solution, FYI.
I marked yours as one. 🙂

tmorgan
Contributor

Thanks for everyones quick responses. There is lots of really useful infomation here, I wish I had posted this sooner!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events