cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyrus
Contributor

Acceleration table - Backup

Hi Checkpoint community,

I want to create an acceleration table for some IP addresses and a few services in our environment .

We have already implemented HA,VSX and a weekly System Backup.

I was wondering if you have an idea of what will happen if we change the underlying Hardware and use the System Restore option?

I need to keep the “acceleration table” post backup restore. Is anyone aware that a full-backup restore option will retain the “acceleration table”? Any checkpoint reference please?

As you are aware, there is no option to create an acceleration table using GUI, therefore, I need to make sure my CLI commands are kept post backup restore?

Furthermore, we need to find a way to audit acceleration table rules created via CLI commands, is there any way for system engineers to add comment / description when they create a rule via CLI?

Something like that : fw ctl fast_accel add 1.1.1.1 2.2.2.0/24 80 6 Comment"RX241"

Best Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

In future versions I believe this configuration (fast accel) is moving into SmartConsole which will mitigate this requirement moving forward stay tuned.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Cyrus
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Are you referring to the ability of creating acceleration table using GUI or adding comment/description to the rules via CLI?  

So you mean it's not currently supported and it will be supported in the future versions?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

It's too early to say in detail, but hopefully it's reassuring that this is something that were working towards.

Existing documentation for the feature as is today is provided in sk156672.

If you have suggestions in this regard please raise them with your local SE as an RFE.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)