cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonnie
Explorer

5100 Storage Upgeade

Hello All,

I am having a storage issue with a 5100 GW, i was advised to upgrade but the Datasheets do not provide a specific vendor or brand. The GW however supports up to 512SSD and i have a 2.5 SATA available. Can i use this to upgrade the GW?  And will this mean i do a clean install and migrate the DBs?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The SSD / HDD in the 5100 are not field serviceable.

Opening the unit other than for RAM (Memory)  upgrades at the direction of TAC is not supported. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Only accessories acquired from Check Point or an authorized partner are supported on Check Point appliances.
The 5100 has been End of Sale for a couple years now, which also applies to any accessories.
Even so, I don’t believe we ever offered a disk upgrade for the 5100.

Why precisely were you advised to upgrade the drive on your 5100?
If you were to replace the hard drive, it would involve some sort of clean install and migration of the configuration.

0 Kudos
Bonnie
Explorer

Good day Phoneboy,

I am having an issue with the available storage as i need to upgrade to r81 as per my question, but the available storage is not enough to export the image, 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Put ti this way...guys are 100% correct. Having said that, I seen people buy 3rd party accessories and yes, they do work and NO, its NOT officially supported to do so.

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Guys are correct and in any situation there is absolutely no need to upgrade the storage space. Either if the setup is distributed then the logs are not being shipped to mgmt server. Or at the worst case if you are OK with snapshot feature you can use lvm_manager utility to resize the disk and get more space added for log_partition or root partition. 

However you would need to conduct the activity by arranging maintenance window. Just to confirm below command output would definitely help

#lvdisplay

#vgdisplay

#lvm_manager Option 1

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
Bonnie
Explorer

Hello Blason,

Thank you for your support,

FYI, i am on a Standalone architecture and i looking to move to distributed, thats the reason behind storage issue.However, i have seen much of the storage chuck is going to logs, advise if it's possible to export all the logs to a different location before resizing?

thank you

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, the logs can be copied off separately (from $FWDIR/log) and reimported to the new system later using scp/sftp in Expert mode.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events