Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarojpradhan
Explorer

4200 Appliance RAM upgrade

Hi i have  two 4200 Appliance in stanalone deployment in sites. The Image is 77.30 GAIA. i want to upgrade the image to R80.30

R80 upgarde possible if the RAM is 8GB.  is is possible to upgrade the RAM of 4200  to 8GB.

if i dont upgrade the RAM , can it work in distributed deploynemt ?

Please suggest

regards,

sp

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can run the 4200s in a distributed environment with R80.x without a RAM upgrade.
Even if you did upgrade the RAM (which I believe is technically possible), I wouldn’t recommend R80.x standalone on a 4200.
I would be looking at upgrading the appliances to something newer/more powerful.

0 Kudos
Magnus-Holmberg
Advisor

distributed setup is the way to go. Much more flexible and higher performance.

regards

magnus

https://www.youtube.com/c/MagnusHolmberg-NetSec
0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Looks like the 4200 has an Atom D525 processor. Intel's Ark says that processor's memory controller supports 4 GB of RAM. A bunch of people have confirmed it works with 8 GB, but you have to be careful about the chip capacity. 4 GB sticks made up of 16 chips at 256 MB each apparently work, but 4 GB sticks made up of eight 512 MB chips apparently don't.

Distributed is definitely the way to go if you can. R80+ management is heavily processor-bound. Management on a 4200 will not perform well due to having only two cores.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events