Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Tip of the Week -- Migrating Standalone R80.x Gateway to Distributed Management

This widget could not be displayed.
5 Comments
Gomboragchaa
Advisor

Cool, I hope to next time release From R77.x(Old version) standalone management environment to a distributed R80(current recommended version) migration guide. 

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You basically do it in two phases:

1. Migrate from standalone to distributed management
  2. Upgrade newly distributed management

Each of these phases already has guides/SKs and I'm not sure what value a combined one would provide.

biskit
Advisor

Does a procedure exist to do it the other way around?  I.e.  I have distributed management at the moment, and I want to merge that on to a gateway to make it standalone.

I'm guessing this isn't possible.  I'm braced for a rebuild as standalone and getting busy re-typing the rulebase...

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I've never seen someone ask for the reverse.
As such, I'm not aware of a specific procedure, but it will probably involve a reinstall and manual migration of the relevant data.

biskit
Advisor

I thought so...

Yeah it's an odd request, but I have a small customer with a Smart-1 5 managing a 4400 and an 1100.  The Smart-1 5 goes end of life in Sept, and they have no money to replace it, so my plan is to utilise the 4400's mgmt license, which manages two gateways, to manage itself and the 1100.