cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hari122939_
Participant
Jump to solution

security management server is support for checkpoint 1600 appliance

Currently, We have enterprise 4200 security gateway checkpoint firewalls(CKP-GDC01,CKP-GDC02) with cluster: High Availability Configuration. We have managed that firewalls by security management server(ihgwtmcp03). The 4200 firewalls version is R77.30 and Security Management Server version is R80.40. Now, we will replace 4200 firewalls with Quantum Spark 1600 firewalls. My doubt is Whether the security management server supports the quantum spark checkpoint 1600 firewall or not.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You will need to upgrade your management to at least R81.10 JHF 66 to manage a 1600 running the latest firmware.
See: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SMB_R81.10.X/RN/EN/Content/Topics-RN/Supported-Management-Serve... 
You should upgrade from R80.40 anyway as it is nearly End of Support.

View solution in original post

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As stated, you will need to upgrade your management to a release that is capable of managing a 1600.
Please refer to the R81.20 install/upgrade guide for the precise steps: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.20/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.20_Installation_and_Upgrade_Gui...
Depending on what version your management is currently on (and the hardware), you may want to use the advanced upgrade option and do a fresh install of R81.20, then import the previous management configuration.

For replacing the 4000 series cluster with a 1600, this will most definitely require an outage window, particularly if the new clusters will use the same IPs as the old.
At a high level, you will build the 1600 cluster and push your existing policy to it.
For a detailed replacement plan, I suggest consulting with your local Check Point SE.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You will need to upgrade your management to at least R81.10 JHF 66 to manage a 1600 running the latest firmware.
See: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/SMB_R81.10.X/RN/EN/Content/Topics-RN/Supported-Management-Serve... 
You should upgrade from R80.40 anyway as it is nearly End of Support.

Hari122939_
Participant

Hello Phone Boy,

We have two Enterprise Security Gateway Firewalls that models are 4000 and 5000(4000 Firewalls are 2 and 5000 Firewalls are 2). We have configured those firewalls with HIGH AVAILABILITY: CLUSTER BETWEEN TWO APPLIANCES by the security management server.

Version               Hardware

Security Management Server(ihgwtmcp03) (Smart console)        R80.40                Open Server

1.  Security Gateway’s (High Availability: Cluster)

CKP-GDC01                      R77.30                4200 Appliances

CKP-GDC02                      R77.30                4200 Appliances 

1. Security Gateway’s (High Availability: Cluster)

IHGWTM5400FW01              R80.40                5400 Appliances

IHGWTM5400FW02              R80.40                5400 Appliances

My Requirement is, we will replace Enterprise 4000 FW’S by Quantum Spark 1600 FW’S. Please help to me and send the procedure step by step. Please find the below attachments to find out clearly.

Note:

In the replace process any disturbance occurred to 5400 appliances.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As stated, you will need to upgrade your management to a release that is capable of managing a 1600.
Please refer to the R81.20 install/upgrade guide for the precise steps: https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.20/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.20_Installation_and_Upgrade_Gui...
Depending on what version your management is currently on (and the hardware), you may want to use the advanced upgrade option and do a fresh install of R81.20, then import the previous management configuration.

For replacing the 4000 series cluster with a 1600, this will most definitely require an outage window, particularly if the new clusters will use the same IPs as the old.
At a high level, you will build the 1600 cluster and push your existing policy to it.
For a detailed replacement plan, I suggest consulting with your local Check Point SE.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

What Phoneboy gave is indeed the case. I would also suggest R81.20 jumbo 41, which currently also recommended.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Hari122939_
Participant

We have two Enterprise Security Gateway Firewalls that models are 4000 and 5000(4000 Firewalls are 2 and 5000 Firewalls are 2). We have configured those firewalls with HIGH AVAILABILITY: CLUSTER BETWEEN TWO APPLIANCES by the security management server.

Version               Hardware

Security Management Server(ihgwtmcp03) (Smart console)        R80.40                Open Server

1.  Security Gateway’s (High Availability: Cluster)

CKP-GDC01                      R77.30                4200 Appliances

CKP-GDC02                      R77.30                4200 Appliances 

1. Security Gateway’s (High Availability: Cluster)

IHGWTM5400FW01              R80.40                5400 Appliances

IHGWTM5400FW02              R80.40                5400 Appliances

My Requirement is, we will replace Enterprise 4000 FW’S by Quantum Spark 1600 FW’S. Please help to me and send the procedure step by step. Please find the below attachments to find out clearly.

Note:

In the replace process any disturbance occurred to 5400 appliances.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events