cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnormanmtvh
Participant

Wi-fi vulnerabilities on SMB Appliances

Hi,

I would like to raise a query re: Checkpoint's response to the recently released statement on the aggregation and fragmentation attacks against WiFi. Some other vendors have produced guidance on this e.g when patches/firmware will be coming out to mitigate against these risks but I can't see anything from Checkpoint. Are you able to supply any more guidance on this?

https://www.icasi.org/aggregation-fragmentation-attacks-against-wifi/

Obviously some the SMB appliances have integrated Wireless (e.g the 1590 appliance)

Thanks - pnormanmtvh

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I’ll ask around.
Meanwhile, I recommend a TAC case for a formal response. 

0 Kudos
G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

Any response yet ?

0 Kudos
hodesa
Employee
Employee

I have also asked internally if we are vulnerable for the Frag attack. Having said that, all attacks can only be launched from the internal network. The vulnerabilities are using 802.11 design flaws on frame aggregation and fragmentation. Once we know more about risk, severity, exploitation factor etc. I will update you all. 

0 Kudos
Amir_Ayalon
Employee
Employee

Hi

There are several CVE there which are based on the 802.11 standard design, (and flaws) which are related to the way the standard handles frame aggregation and fragmentation.

We are working with the WiFi Vendor, and once fixes will be available, we will deploy them.

First analysis suggest you may be vulnerable only in close proximity as the described attacks can only carried out from the internal wireless network and therefore require physical proximity.   

Steffen_Appel
Advisor

Any updates? Many other companies already provude fixes.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I assume you have a TAC case open on this, correct?

0 Kudos
Steffen_Appel
Advisor

No, I was referring to Amir, who said, that CP is working with the vendors on it.

0 Kudos
pnormanmtvh
Participant

The TAC case for this is: 6-0002681820