Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sangisha_Daka_K
Participant
Jump to solution

SMB 1430 internet configuration failure

Screenshot (474).pngScreenshot (475).pngHello,

I have 1430/1450 appliance for first time configuration,when i reach a stage to configure internet using pppoe  connection the cable is connected on WAN port both router and Checkpoint appliance and are both active but

checkpoint failing to establish connection saying server not available ..note that router uses pppoe connection type

Find attached screenshots showing the errors and kindly assist id anyone has an idea on solving this issue

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
I know there is at least one PPPOE bug fix in more recent versions of firmware.
I highly recommend upgrading to more recent firmware as, based on the UI, it looks like you're running older firmware.
If that doesn't resolve the issue, you might see what /var/log/messages has to say.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
I know there is at least one PPPOE bug fix in more recent versions of firmware.
I highly recommend upgrading to more recent firmware as, based on the UI, it looks like you're running older firmware.
If that doesn't resolve the issue, you might see what /var/log/messages has to say.
0 Kudos
Sangisha_Daka_K
Participant

Hello phoneboy,

Thanks for the advise and its using R77.30 which is quiet old therefore will try to update to a more recent one and will give you the feedback how it goes.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Actually, you're using R77.20.x where X is older than the current release (87).
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Well as you are saying this:
checkpoint failing to establish connection saying server not available ..note that router uses pppoe connection type
Than you should NOT configure the Check Point as PPPOE as well, that should most probably be setup as DHCP.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Sangisha_Daka_K
Participant

Screenshot (475).png

Hello Maarten if you can see the image attached above even DHCP is not connecting it keeps on saying connecting

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
I would expect your ISP would give you some data on how to configure the device you connect to the router. Maybe they informed you that there is a fixed IP that you should configure on the WAN interface.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events