cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_McColgan
Contributor
Jump to solution

SMB 1430 configuration

I am configuring a new 1430 device and during either the First Time config or configuring afterwards - every time I change the LAN networks to a new IP scheme (from the default 192.168.1.x network) I cannot log back into the device from the GUI. However, I can SSH into it. 

I tried to turn the firewall policy to 'off', I even created a custom rule to allow HTTP access from the LAN networks, but no luck. I am aware that the port needed for https admin access is 4434, I even tried to change that to something else such as 8443. 

What is occurring, is that if I go to the firewall's new IP address (without including :4434) I get the Chrome error of 'your connection is not secure'. Usually not an issue, I just click 'advanced' and continue to the page. However, it never continues to the firewall login page, just back to the Chrome page of 'your connection is not secure'. 

If I reset the box to factory, I can get back in just fine on 192.168.1.1 default address. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Ok, try this, as said forget changing the LAN until your are connected properly.
So connect to the webui through the LAN port, then add a new internal network on the DMZ port in lets say 10.10.10.x range, and enable dhcp.
Now connect the pc to that network port and double check taht you do get an IP in that 10.10.10 range.
Now when this works you can change the settings on the LAN side.
Again do not forget to check the allow management, in administrator access tab, from the DMZ network as well.
Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
First of all, forget the first time wizard, or at least do not change the network you use to connect to the FW.
It is easier if you do it all when you have full vision and control, when you change the LAN interface and you are connecting through that, you will loose your connection when you change the LAN's IP as it is all instant.
Also when you setup a DMZ interface you should be able to use that to configure the box, when you make sure in the admin access you enable access from any.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Tim_McColgan
Contributor

Thanks, I've tried it both ways, with the first time wizard and through the standard config. But I never tried to get back in with the DMZ interface, good suggestion. I'll try again and if (when) I got locked out I'll try the dmz interface and see if I can get back in and why the LAN ports stop letting me in. 

0 Kudos
Tim_McColgan
Contributor

Tried to login via the dmz port, which I configured with an IP and DHCP pool. I get the same issue. So I can only login to the web gui if I do not change the local network IP scheme. This isn't going to work for me. I need to address the box on my internal network which is not 192.168.1.x. 

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Ok, try this, as said forget changing the LAN until your are connected properly.
So connect to the webui through the LAN port, then add a new internal network on the DMZ port in lets say 10.10.10.x range, and enable dhcp.
Now connect the pc to that network port and double check taht you do get an IP in that 10.10.10 range.
Now when this works you can change the settings on the LAN side.
Again do not forget to check the allow management, in administrator access tab, from the DMZ network as well.
Regards, Maarten
Tim_McColgan
Contributor

Well, that seemed to do it, thank you 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events