Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricRobert
Participant
Jump to solution

Quantum Spark 1570 Appliance R81.10.10 - Periodic Backup Settings - Backup Server Path syntax

I'm trying to setup a periodic backup for a Quantum Spark 1570 Appliance R81.10.10 (996001844) but I'm not sure for syntax of the "Backup Server Path".

I want to use SCP protocol so I supposed the path should include the server IP address and the absolute path. Something like :

<server_ip>:/var/backup/

or

/<server_ip>/var/backup/

Note that I transfered a file using scp command from expert mode using the same credentials to the SCP server and it works fine so it's not a firewall or network issue.

Also, it would be nice if someone could provide a command to launch a scp backup manually so I don't have to wait an hour for each test.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricRobert
Participant

I finally make it worked with your help. After having updated the firmware and fixed the server path, I ran the clish command "backup automatic-mode" and it returned this error message:

Error uploading to backup, scp return code 255. Please check your premissions for the remote server.

The error message refered to the server, but the gateway hasn't even try to establish a ssh connection to the server. I proved it with a tcpdump. So I decided to switch to "TFTP" mode and it worked at the first try.

Switching back to SCP mode still returned the same error message. Can't figure what's the problem because if I use scp command from expert mode, it works.

I'll switch permanently to TFTP mode to resolve my issue.

Thanks for your help all!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lesley
Advisor

1.1.1.1/home/bkp/ 

This should be syntax.

No way to trigget it manually. 

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
EricRobert
Participant

I fix the path but doesn't fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Is this an EA build?

R81.10.10 Build 996002845 is the GA available here:

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk181080

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
EricRobert
Participant

I updated the firmware but still the same issue

0 Kudos
caw001
Employee
Employee

Try running the command 'backup automatic-mode' from clish to manually run it.

EricRobert
Participant

This command work fine. I'll save a lot of time!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EricRobert
Participant

I finally make it worked with your help. After having updated the firmware and fixed the server path, I ran the clish command "backup automatic-mode" and it returned this error message:

Error uploading to backup, scp return code 255. Please check your premissions for the remote server.

The error message refered to the server, but the gateway hasn't even try to establish a ssh connection to the server. I proved it with a tcpdump. So I decided to switch to "TFTP" mode and it worked at the first try.

Switching back to SCP mode still returned the same error message. Can't figure what's the problem because if I use scp command from expert mode, it works.

I'll switch permanently to TFTP mode to resolve my issue.

Thanks for your help all!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events