Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhavin_Bhatt1
Explorer

HA Upgrades in SMB 1490

Something very weird happened today with a 1490 HA pair.

I logged in to check the code versions on the appliances and somehow kicked off an upgrade.

Funny thing is, one appliance upgraded at 11:40am and the other appliance upgraded at 2pm. I was only logged into both appliances at 11:40am for a minute or so. The firewall that upgraded at 11:40 was the standby one. active firewall auto upgraded at 2pm.

The version they were on was r77.20.51 when I logged in to check them. Is this something you might have seen?

The customer has kicked off, cause the second upgrade kicked users off and they called me at 2:15pm.

If I am not wrong, you need to download the update and then once done, manually trigger the upgrade. So even if i might have clicked on download without realising, how did it start upgrading, also, i couldn't have logged into the other firewall 2 hours later to carry out another upgrade ? or did it do that itself ?

Thanks

Bhav

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Eyal_Rashelbach
Employee
Employee

Hi Bhavin,

have you noted the 600/700 online help section about Automatic Upgrade ?
https://demo700.checkpoint.com/help/eng/smb/html_frameset.htm?topic=help/eng/smb/help_DeviceSystemOp... 

I point you to the Notes at the bottom were it is stated:

"When a new firmware upgrade is available, a note shows the version number. Click Upgrade Now to upgrade it immediately, or click More Information to see what is new in the firmware version"

That might explain the behavior you faced

BR

Eyal

***************************************************************************************************

To automatically upgrade your appliance firmware when Cloud Services is not configured:

1. Click Configure automatic upgrades.

The Automatic Firmware Upgrades window opens.

2. Click Perform firmware upgrades automatically.
  3. Select the upgrade option to use when new firmware is detected:
    • Upgrade immediately

Or

• Upgrade according to this frequency.
  4. If you selected Upgrade according to this frequency, select one of the Occurs options:
    • Daily - Select the Time of day.
    • Weekly - Select the Day of week and Time of day.
    • Monthly - Select the Day of month and Time of day.
  5. Click Apply.

Notes:

• When a new firmware upgrade is available, a note shows the version number. Click Upgrade Now to upgrade it immediately, or click More Information to see what is new in the firmware version.
  • If the gateway is configured by Cloud Services, automatic firmware upgrades are locked. They can only be set by Cloud Services.

***************************************************************************************************

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Note that, in general, upgrading one member of a cluster will NOT upgrade the other member.

Most likely, the auto-update feature Eyal mentioned above was enabled.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events