Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllanRCroghan
Explorer

Check Point 1550 upgrade to Check Point 1575W

We are looking to upgrade our 3yr old CP1550 running R81.10.10 to a new Check Point 1575W and wanted to see if we are able to export a backup config and then import that config over to the new 1575w?  

If this is supported, with both units being in the 1500 series should this be seemless, or could we expereice VPN certificate or other issues?

Thank you - ARC

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe this is supported, yes.

0 Kudos
AllanRCroghan
Explorer

Thank you and hoping that you're correct. - And as an update we are only moving to a 1555W - decided not to go w/1575, so hoping that this makes the transition even smoother, 

If needed I can reenter all the rules manually and then reconfigure the four VPN users, yet hoping that a simple export/import gets up and running just as we are now.

Would love to hear if there is anyone who's actually tried this upgrade 

Check Point Tech support sent me this earlier today:

"To my knowledge and experience working with the 1555W appliances, there will be limitations restoring a backup file from 1550 to 1555W.
These limitations are linked to the hardware differences between the two devices. 

As far as purchasing a new appliance, you will need to reach out to your sales representative for more information regarding purchasing/licensing."

0 Kudos
Tom_Hinoue
Advisor
Advisor

This path should work.
The only HW difference would be the additional Wi-Fi interface (wlan0) on the 1555W which shouldn't be a big problem.

Just make sure the firmware ver/build no. of the backup file saved from the 1550 matches to be the same on the new 1555W.

0 Kudos
Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

Yes because of this:

• Restoring settings of a different version is supported, but not automatically between every two versions. If the restore action is not supported between two versions, the gateway does not allow you to restore the settings.

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events