Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yasindu
Explorer

Active directory user base policies are not working

The Active Directory user-based policies are not working in the local managed firewall, although the user groups from Active Directory are displaying correctly and syncing properly. When I apply a policy to the Active Directory user group, the rule does not work; only IP-based rules are functioning. What could be the cause of this issue? I have attached an image showing the error in the user awareness session.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which firmware version/build is used and are you using this with the Identity Collector??

You may need to investigate the issue further with TAC note also sk105977.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
yasindu
Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for the replying. Firmware version is R81.10.10 and this firewall not using identity collector. Only apply policies from user groups in active directory.

0 Kudos
Dafna
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Which version do you use?

Can you please attach screenshot of the access rule?

Thanks,

Dafna

0 Kudos
yasindu
Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for replying. This is a Check Point 1570 security appliance, and the firmware version is R81.10.10. I have attached the access rules. According to the image, only the traffic matching rule number 5 is being processed; the other rules above it are being bypassed. Additionally, this firewall is not using an identity collector.

0 Kudos
Dafna
Employee
Employee

Which AD server do you use? (which version)

0 Kudos
yasindu
Explorer

Hi,

Windows Server 2016 active directory.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events