Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcherren
Participant

1500 Appliance IPv6 Support

sk159173 points out that it currently does not support it.

Honestly it's a pity that a new appliance does not include this feature while the 1200R/1400 do 😞

Does anyone know when the 1500 Appliances will support IPv6?

Marc

7 Replies
marcherren
Participant

.... and the most funniest thing is that there is a "Enable IPv6" button in the gui. But once you enable IPv6 the appliance gets stuck in a endless booting loop as the securexl6 module is missing.

Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 09.43.45.png

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

Support for IPv6 in previous SMB appliances was added at a later stage. It wasn't available from the very beginning there as well.

That about the GUI button is indeed funny. But you should open SR about this because it is very nasty if it causes endless reboots. Think, they have added protection against this in R77.20....

0 Kudos
Amir_Erman
Employee
Employee

IPv6 is planned during H2 2020
0 Kudos
marcherren
Participant

Still no news?
Regard the current FAQ (sk159772) IPv6 is still not supported 😣

Ralf_Naegele
Participant

I found this posting because I ran in the same issue with a 1550 appliance (I have alos a 1450 appliance with working IPv6). I was wondering about the missing IPv6 settings, found the "enable IPv6" button, enabled it and now the appliance is offline. Fortunately it is only a testing device. But better I had read this posting before enable the not working IPv6 support. It is a little bit weird that nowadays firewall devices are still sold with little or no IPv6 support

0 Kudos
Amir_Ayalon
Employee
Employee

Hi Ralf

Next SMB firmware (R80.20.30) that will be released in the next 2 weeks will include full IPv6 support

thanks

Ralf_Naegele
Participant

Hello Amir,

thanks for this good news!

Regards

Ralf

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events