cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maddah87
Contributor

SDWAN Licensing and Supporting platforms

Hi,

I need have few clarification on recently released SD-WAN feature.

• As per my readings this is an in built licensed feature not a blade, isn't it?
  • Does this support for appliances released 2016 (3200, 5000 series etc...)? User center doesn't have SKUs for older appliances
  • If we want to test SD WAN capabilities do we need to have an evaluation license for gateways? and how we can obtain the same?
  • With out SD WAN license for gateways, is it possible to test SD WAN scenarios with the OS mentioned in sk121582?
  • It seems there is no gateway OS for R81.20 with SDWAN, doesn't it?

Appreciate if board could give some clear picture on the same.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

To answer your questions:

1. Quantum SD-WAN requires a separate purchase.
  2. In theory, any appliance that can run R81.10 should be supported. Not sure what SKUs are relevant in these cases, @Shlomi_Feldman can you comment?
  3. I believe you can activate Quantum SD-WAN in the Infinity Portal for a trial. Please go to https://portal.checkpoint.com and sign up for an account if you don't have one.
  4. Quantum SD-WAN features require a license (trial or otherwise) and a connection to the Infinity Portal to operate. Not sure what scenarios are listed in sk121582 as that is not a valid SK. 
  5. R81.20 support for Quantum SD-WAN will be added in a future hotfix.

0 Kudos
maddah87
Contributor

Hi @PhoneBoy ,

Thanks for the update.

1. Clear.

2. There are existing customers with 3200 and 5000 series devices, User Center doesnt show products under Quantum SD-WAN for those appliances. Will wait for @Shlomi_Feldman 's respond

3. Activated and connected few 5000 series appliances, portal contracts shows only Smart-1 cloud license not SD-WAN (attached a SS). Note that SD-WAN configurations were done as per the admin guide. 

4. Sorry it was my mistake not an sk, I was talking about the OS with this link

5. Noted

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure what license gets added to the gateway (if any) when using Quantum SD-WAN.
Also, I expect we will add Quantum SD-WAN to the standard JHF train for R81.10.

Shlomi_Feldman
Employee
Employee

as long as 3000 and 5000 supports R81.10 and R81.20 it is compatible with SD-WAN. we are adding these SKUs on demand, so you can already find SKU for 3100 appliance. please share with me the appliances models that you will need and I will add it

maddah87
Contributor

Hi @Shlomi_Feldman,

Please check the possibility to have 3200, 5200 and 5400 initially for SD WAN SKUs.

0 Kudos
Shlomi_Feldman
Employee
Employee

you need SKUs for all 3 models?

0 Kudos
maddah87
Contributor

Yes, That's better. At least 3200 and 5200. 

0 Kudos
Martin_Raska
Advisor
Advisor

Hello,

we have a customer, they want to create SDWAN offer for

2x CPAP-SG6500-TURBO

2x CPAP-SG6200-PLUS-SNBT

its not listed as SKU in catalog.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Your local Check Point SE should be able to assist in getting these SKUs created, possibly by contacting @Shlomi_Feldman internally.

Shlomi_Feldman
Employee
Employee

I will need to check why the above models doesn't appear

will update soon

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events