Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shlomi_Feldman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus
Jump to solution

Quantum SD-WAN - Official launch

Hi CheckMates,

I am glad to share with you that today we officially launched our Quantum SD-WAN product.

You are invited to visit the SD-WAN Web page at https://www.checkpoint.com/quantum/sd-wan/ 

Shlomi

57 Replies
anstelios
Collaborator

1. This SKU is an add-on for advanced metrics and monitoring per appliance. It's not related to SDWAN functionality at all.

2. We are not discussing any details at all here. We are just talking about the overall image and price is a big part of this image actually.

Anyway, generally I trust in CP products as well and I wish the best for Quantum SD-WAN, but I really think CP should reconsider pricing for this one, and I 'm including quite a few customers' feedback on this opinion..

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Well said indeed.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Agreed, pricing discussions are better had in the Partner Community or with your local Check Point office.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Give CP some time to get all this done for sd-wan and it will be great.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I also believe with Fortinet, by connecting say the external interface to the SD WAN port you also get better reporting of internet traffic, even if you don't use SD-WAN.

A number of us have said time and time again, Checkpoint your real nemesis is pricing and vendors such as Fortinet who are financial attractive to businesses, and from an on-prem view, there hardware in my option is far better; from the low-end to high-end https inspect etc is done in hardware and not software.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

100% thats a fact no matter what anyone says. Anyway, each vendor does things their own way, the most important thing is people have a choice : - )

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Absolutely!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Same its a fact that CP has by far the BEST management solution out there, nothing else can compare.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Now that I really really agree with,  especially on larger deployments, no other vendor comes close.....yet.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

As my late grandfather used to say, truth can be inconvenient, but it has to be told no matter the situation.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Clearly he was a wiseman.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yea, he was an old school military man his whole life, but the nicest guy you would ever meet. Military people always had my highest respect.

0 Kudos
Shlomi_Feldman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

yes Quantum SD-WAN requires a license, similar to any other blade 

0 Kudos
Alejandro_Flore
Participant

It would be nice to have it bundled within EBP 😋

0 Kudos
Ruan_Kotze
Advisor

Fantastic news, have been eagerly waiting for this for a while now!  Any estimation on when Spark will be supported?

0 Kudos
Shlomi_Feldman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

centrally managed Spark is supported 

MikeB
Advisor

Any plan to support locally managed Quantum Spark?? 

0 Kudos
Shlomi_Feldman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

hi Mike,

the answer is yes. We are working on it as part of our roadmap. If you got a business case which might need this support, please drop me an email and we could discuss it in more details

Greg_Dray
Participant

Good news.

Does it include any optimisation/compression similar to Silverpeak/Riverbed? If not is it planned for future releases? We could then look at replacing our SP appliances.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just curious, are Silverpeak/Riverbed more for load balancing or also sd-wan?

0 Kudos
Greg_Dray
Participant

SP can do either, supposedly RB can do SDWAN but we never got that far in to looking at it for those purposes. If you want optimisation though, Boost in SP, then obvs you need an appliance/s at the other end. In our case Azure.

We had Riverbed before SP but only used it for the optimisation of O365 traffic etc. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I took their free training last year, seems like a solid product, for sure.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

@Shlomi_Feldman : I'd like to create a SmartConsole Extension similar to this one to visualize SD-WAN gateways on a world map. Could you please get me into contact with the product owners to discuss this in more detail?

0 Kudos
Kevin_Stanton
Contributor

Up to how many ADSL links will a small Branch Office box support, I have a few branches out in the middle of nowhere and have to aggregate physical ADSL links and or 4g links

0 Kudos
Shlomi_Feldman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

do you mean up to how many WAN links a Spark appliance will support?

0 Kudos
Kevin_Stanton
Contributor

Yes, was my initial thought however, I think I may have a conversation with my partner, as we have no Checkpoint appliances in our branches

0 Kudos
Shlomi_Feldman
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

I am not  an expert with Spark, but you can use "flexi Port" and to configure LANs as WANs. if I am not wrong it is possible to convert all LANs as WANs. however I would double check it with Spark experts 

0 Kudos
Kevin_Stanton
Contributor

Looking at the spark 1500 6 lan ports and 1 Wan port, using "flexi Port" I could simply hang an ADSL modem from each of the LAN ports and aggregate the bandwidth that way, I will as you suggest check with Spark experts

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events