i already read that part, and what is says is to create local users on the dashboard and this is not manageable.
as for the normal username+password authentication you do not need to create local users on the dashboard, but the firewall passes the authentication to the LDAP server, there should be a similar option for the certificates.
Configuring Third-Party PKI Certificates To use a third-party PKI solution:
1. In SmartConsole, from the Objects Bar click Users > Users.
2. Create a new user or double-click an existing user. The User Properties window opens.
3. From the navigation tree, click Encryption.
4. Click Edit. The IKE Phase 2 Properties window opens.
5. Click the Authentication tab and select Public key.
6. Define the third party Certificate Authority as an object in SmartDashboard.
9. Transfer the certificate to the user.
please provide a proper answer, i read the manual from top to bottom and i am missing just one configuration which i am not able to find it.
sending me all the time to the admin manual doesn't help.