Explorer
Jump to solution

macOS Monterey: VPN Client Won't Even Open

Hello,

I'm using version 85.30, Macbook M1 running Monterey ,

The app doesn't launch.

I also tried to launch it from the Terminal:

/Applications/Endpoint.../Contents/MacOS/Endpoint_Security_VPN

and it gives no output, just a new command line.

I tried to uninstall, removed app's preferences, no luck.

Anyone experienced same issue?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Is the experience also seen with version E86.20 (sk176934) which provides GA support for Monterey?

Note this release also introduces "Location Awareness" for MacOS.

For issues pertaining to DNS resolution on machines resuming from sleep, please refer: sk176383 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

From sk174663:

Support for Macs with M1 chip

1. Rosetta 2 translator must be installed.
  2. Compliance, AntiMalware, FDE, MediaEncryption and Port Protection blades include universal binaries and can run as native processes on M1 Macs.
  3. Apple is gradually introducing new alternatives to kernel extensions, but only in macOS Big Sur and higher. Apple recognizes the kernel extensions as supported kernel extension types. On Apple M1, to allow third-party kernel extensions, the Security Policy needs to be changed to “Reduced Security”. Note that a Managed Mac purchased via Apple business or school manager programs does not require “Reduced Security”. See Change Startup Disk Security Settings and Deployment Reference in macOS.
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had already seen couple of these issues, not sure if its a problem with client itself or maybe just compatibility with the OS. I think what @_Val_ sent you is worth going through. I will ask one of customers I always work with about this, as they are 90% Mac shop, so Im sure they would be aware of this.

Also, for your reference:

https://dl3.checkpoint.com/paid/6b/6ba620bbdf61000b4585b1098ca0b23a/CP_E85.30_Endpoint_Security_Clie...

0 Kudos
Steve58
Participant

Hi there,

I am also struggling with this software on a new M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey (macOS 12.1).

The E85.30 Endpoint_Security_VPN.pkg installer launches just fine and installs the VPN software.

Unfortunately, the simple act of installing it appears to break routing and everything network related stops working.

My home network is pretty simple and is managed by a NetComm modem on network 192.168.20.0/24.

After installing the software the network becomes inaccessible. I have tried restarting but this make no difference.

Running the Uninstaller restores network connectivity.

FWIW, the Capsule VPN works just fine, but I have to configure a lot of custom routing by hand each day.

If there is anything I can do to assist with this problem please let me know. I am network and unix savvy.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Is the experience also seen with version E86.20 (sk176934) which provides GA support for Monterey?

Note this release also introduces "Location Awareness" for MacOS.

For issues pertaining to DNS resolution on machines resuming from sleep, please refer: sk176383 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
(1)
Steve58
Participant

I was not aware of E86.20, so will try it shortly.

0 Kudos
Steve58
Participant

Hi Chris,

E86.20 seems to be working fine.

Thank you for your prompt response.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events