Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

licensing VPN client for MAC

Hello CheckMates,

we are in a discussion with Check Point and the distributor about licensing of VPN clients.

One of our clients is using EndPoint VPN client on  Apples MAC-OS. The licenses are bought in steps of 25, 50 or 100 seats and the VPN blade on the gateway needs to be licensed.

Now the customer wants to expand there VPN clients (only VPN nothing else) and the licensing team mentioned you have to buy full EndPoint-clients and too the EndPoint-Managementserver.

We don't need the EndPoint-Management and technical you don't need this to use the RemoteAccess-VPN clients. 

Why the customer can't buy only licenses for the VPN clients and have to pay money for something they don't need ?

Wolfgang

9 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

We do not have VPN only licenses anymore for endpoint.

Depending on the scope of your requirements, annual solutions such as SandBlast Agent Basic may or may not be an alternative. You did not give enough info to judge 🙂

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@_Val_ 

the only thing we need is 50 seats more of the VPN clients, no sandblast, no ThreatPrevention, no URLF ... nothing then  VPN on the client .

Wolfgang

_Val_
Admin
Admin

I totally understand your argument. Once more, we do not have VPN only licenses for a while now. I believe, the further dialog should be taken with the local sales team. 

I personally will be happy to help, if needed. Ping me offline, if required.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you just need VPN clients, you can buy Mobile Access Blade.
Install Check Point Mobile, connect as IPSEC VPN, no need to enable MAB on gateway.
The only thing you miss compared to the prior Endpoint VPN license is Desktop Firewall.
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Thanks @PhoneBoy ,

but how about MAC operating system. CheckPoint mobile is only available for Windows.

Is this too supported and correct licensed, MOB-Blade license only and EndPoint VPN client on MAC ?

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you use the SNX client on the Mac, yes.
To use the regular VPN client on the Mac, you need a full Endpoint license on the Mac.
0 Kudos
Abd_S81
Participant

Hi @PhoneBoy- Is it possible to get the full Endpoint license for MAC but disable all options like Sandblast, FW, Anti-virus etc and use only for VPN, effectively making it similar to Checkpoint mobile client.
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Not phoneboy, but yes. It is a matter of policy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

While they are not listed in the Product Catalog, I received word it should be possible to order the SKUs CPEP-ACCESS-P and CPEP-ACCESS-1Y again.
I assume the price is the same as before, but obviously can't look it up.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events