cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdunn
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

VPN Shortcut

Earlier today, I had a user unable to access VPN from their laptop. Their cptrayUI.exe was was not loading, so they did not have the golden padlock icon appear in their task as they are used to. I plan on opening a case concerning the tray not loading, but in the meantime, I know that the VPN .exe is C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Connect\TrGUI.exe

(It finally loaded after 5 restarts.)

When I have tested using this direct shortcut, it does not seem to load the VPN GUI. In fact, when I click on it, nothing happens. (On both my computer and theirs.) Is there another way to create a shortcut for the VPN? 

1 Reply
Elad_Shoval
Employee
Employee

Hi,

When you are using Endpoint security, Clicking the TrGui.exe will not load the VPN GUI as the VPN GUI is depended on the Endpoint security GUI. 

My suggestion is to open a ticket with support.

In the meanwhile, there is another option to connect to VPN when GUI is not running - via the command line.

You can find the instructions on how to do so in the Remote Access admin guide or you can run 'trac help' from "C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\Endpoint Security\Endpoint Connect"  (Via Command line).

Thanks,

Elad Shoval, Team leader, PC VPN Client, R&D, Check Point.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events