Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb1
Collaborator

Users not able to change their passwords on the mobile access portal running R80.20

So users from a particular ad group (10 users in total in this group) are not able to change their passwords when trying to login to the mobile access blade. This is what they get when trying to change their passwords(happens for every user in that group)-

Inkederror-2_LI.jpg

So when they type in the password above nothing happens and the same screen appears again.

Upon looking at the logs i see an "authentication time out" error as shown below-

Inkederror_LI.jpg

I see the same error for every user in that AD group.

Attaching pics of ldap object properties-

ldap.png

On the above image you can see that the "use encryption" box is unticked, do i have to tick that to get it to work or does that not matter?

Another image of properties below-

Inkedldap properties_LI.jpg

As you can see above the ldap object has read and write capabilities (both boxes are ticked).

What should i do so that the users can successfully change their passwords? Also does something else have to be done on the AD side?

Update:

I was able to get the creds of the users and tried it myself, this is what happens-

failed to modify pswd.png

"failed to modify password, LDAP error"

why does it show that?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe Microsoft is requiring LDAPS now, so you’ll probably have to enable encryption at some point.
What can you see on the AD server side when the user tries to change their password?

0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

HI, so i did enable ssl encryption for that ldap object and it still doesnt work, shows the same error, i also followed this sk and still no luck-

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Point 8 specifically i tried as it seemed to work for someone else in a post i came across but it still did not work, still shows the same error.

I have created a tac case and awaiting response from checkpoint now.

0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

also as shown below-

auth.png

if i change min and max to something different will it matter? the options "export" and "strong" were selected by default.

0 Kudos
sertanulucan
Explorer

is the problem fixed? i am having the same problem

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events