cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaunW
Explorer

User on Checkpoint who have valid vpn accounts

Hi All,

I have been asked how many users we have on our Chckpoint that have valid certificates that allow them to connect over the  Endpoint client VPN. Unfortunately we are not informed when users leave so they are not removed from the Checkpoint. If I look at users on the SmartConsole I can see there are 465 however I have just randomly selected one user whose account has expired so this can be discounted.

Also, is there a way of checking when the users last logged in?

Thanks in advance

Shaun

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately, we do not track the last login as part of the user record.
This can only be done by looking through the logs, which would be a time-consuming process, but potentially something that could be automated (at least in currently supported versions of code).
I’m assuming all of these users are locally defined, correct?

0 Kudos
ShaunW
Explorer

Thanks for the prompt response, yes the users are locally defined.

Is there a way of checking users that have a vaild certificate that are within the expiration date?  Our Audit team what to establish the number of users that are using the Checkpoint vpn.

Thanks

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I can check for you in my lab, but if you have monitoring blade enabled and once you open "logs and monitor" from smart console and click on new tab on the top, at the bottom left there is an option for vpn monitoring and once you open that, it would give you an option to check out all VPN users. Im fairly positive that shows when users last logged in.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events