Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HMedina
Explorer
Jump to solution

User authenticated but not authorized to log in.

Hello mates!

So I have a user that can log in perfectly using the CP Endpoint Security VPN, but when he tries to log in using the Mobile Access Portal it fails (The user is not autorized), in the logs Mobile Access Details the message showed is "The user XXXXXX is authenticated but not authorized to log in, because the User is not in a User Group".

Any thoughs about this?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
That suggests you are restricting the MAB portal to specific user groups.
You will need to either adjust the config to allow any user to use MAB or add the relevant user to a group.
What version and if R80.x are you using Legacy or Unified policy?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
That suggests you are restricting the MAB portal to specific user groups.
You will need to either adjust the config to allow any user to use MAB or add the relevant user to a group.
What version and if R80.x are you using Legacy or Unified policy?
0 Kudos
HMedina
Explorer

Hello PhoneBoy!

We are using R.80.10 and is a Legacy Policy. The user is already in a group that is allowed to use the MAB, the error appears when the user try to use the Mobile Access Portal. When he uses the VPN Client it works perfectly.

Thanks for your answer!

0 Kudos
pwillekens
Employee Employee
Employee

HI,

I made a local group with my "generic*" user into, and then I was able to be authorized.

Patrick

0 Kudos
hemh
Participant

Hi, I got the same exact problem here, we have particular AD groups for our consultants, and for some of them we have this error message: 'The user XXX is authenticated but not authorized to log in, because the User is not in a User Group' when the user connect to VPN using SSL exender, when I test with the fat client it works.

When I run the command 'pdp m u XXX', I doesn't see the particular consultant AD group appear in the group list.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events