cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Windowslife86
Explorer

Upgrading stalls mid msi installation

Good afternoon, 

I'm working on a upgrade for my windows environment to upgrade our current Checkpoint VPN client using a .msi with a .mst. when I run the cmd posted below the installation uninstalls the current Checkpoint VPN client and stalls out, there are no error messages, or logs that show if something may have caused the issue. I tested on Client 80.89 upgrading to 87.00 and 87.00 to 87.10 the installation stalls out every time i try to upgrade. 

msiexec /i "%~dp0PasscodeOnly_E87.10_CheckPointVPN.msi" TRANSFORMS="%~dp0PasscodeOnly_E87.10_CheckPointVPN.mst" /qb

the only way it works is if I manually uninstall the current version installed and then run Checkpoint VPN Client 87.10.

Thank you 

I really hope someone can help 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

You may have to perform an intermediate step(s) i.e.

Release notes:

Supported Upgrade Paths

Upgrade to the E87.x Endpoint Security Client is available from E81.00 and higher.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Windowslife86
Explorer

Good afternoon, 

I'm working on a upgrade for my windows environment to upgrade our current Checkpoint VPN client using a .msi with a .mst. when I run the cmd posted below the installation uninstalls the current Checkpoint VPN client and stalls out, there are no error messages, or logs that show if something may have caused the issue. I tested on Client 80.89 upgrading to 87.00 and 87.00 to 87.10 the installation stalls out every time i try to upgrade. 

msiexec /i "%~dp0PasscodeOnly_E87.10_CheckPointVPN.msi" TRANSFORMS="%~dp0PasscodeOnly_E87.10_CheckPointVPN.mst" /qb

the only way it works is if I manually uninstall the current version installed and then run Checkpoint VPN Client 87.10.

Thank you 

I really hope someone can help 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

sk110420: Endpoint Security Client Supported Upgrade Paths

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just follow what @Chris_Atkinson suggested.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events