cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ascoyne
Contributor
Jump to solution

Removing Desktop policy

We currently have a Desktop policy enabled on our Check Point VPN endpoints.  We know how to manage the Desktop policy and how to allow end-users the ability to temporarily disable the policy, but how do we remove the desktop policy so it is no longer applied to endpoints?  We do not want a local Check Point Firewall on our endpoints, but we still want the ability to use VPN.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ascoyne
Contributor

@the_rock you are a superstar!  I have deleted the site and re-added and the Firewall policy is now Not Configured.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Make sure its removed from policy layer, then uncheck it from gateway (cluster) properties. If you have any issues, happy to do remote.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

  

0 Kudos
ascoyne
Contributor

Thank you @the_rock - you are a superstar.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Glad we can help. Did that work?

Andy

0 Kudos
ascoyne
Contributor

I will be applying the change next week.  I will update you.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

No worries! Message me if any issues.

Andy

0 Kudos
ascoyne
Contributor

Hi @the_rock, I have applied the change and VPN still works.  I was expecting the VPN client to show Firewall disabled, but it doesn't.  However it does show Security Policy disabled, so perhaps I'm overthinking it.  

Is this expected?  And does it mean the local Check Point is still on?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Make sure there is no reference of it in legacy dashboard and also, as a test, I would try delete/re-create the site and see the status when you connect.

Andy

(1)
ascoyne
Contributor

@the_rock you are a superstar!  I have deleted the site and re-added and the Firewall policy is now Not Configured.  

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah, its nothing my friend...put it this way. My life mentality was always something like this...no matter where you go or who you help, we are all different, some people may know more than others, some people less, BUT, if we do things TOGETHER, there is nothing that cant be achieved. I had seen it myself all over the world, so I try to inspire others to try do the same.

Anyway, did not mean to sound "cheesy" : - )

Glad it worked for you.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events