cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ave_Joe
Contributor

RemoteSpark

Good day:

Has anyone deployed RemoteSpark in their MAB environment?  http://remotespark.com/html5.html

I tested this some time ago and it worked but was difficult for users as they thought the default web interface was to complex.  Too many options, etc.  What I like about it is that it supports more than just RDP.  In a mixed environment SSH and VNC are required also.

What I am curious on is if anyone has deployed it what does the implementation look like?

• Is the implementation just sending users to the default RemoteSpark page? 
  • Is the implementation just passing parameters from the MAB link to the RemoteSpark instance?  How are the parameters determined per user.  RDP target, VNC target, SSH Target, etc.
  • Was a developer needed to customize the default page to make if more friendly?

RemoteSpark seems like a good stable solution but there are just some missing pieces that make is difficult to operationalize for mass deployment within MAB.

I think the best possible outcome would be an implementation similar to Ericom AccessNow where users are mapped to resources (RDP desktop) via an Active Directory attribute. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Certainly looks like an interesting solution.
Am curious how well it works with MAB independent of the "mass deployment" issues you bring up.
0 Kudos
StefanBauer
Participant

Hey Ave_Joe,

what linktranslation did you use? PT, UT, HT?

I tried HT. The login works, but the connection does not etablish to the Remote Desktop target.

I get this message in the logfile from SparkView:

WARNING: Failed login from *** agent:null session:61dee3bd-c629-421c-a7d9-1fb3644db7b9
Jan 28, 2023 22:53:08
SEVERE: Session:61dee3bd-c629-421c-a7d9-1fb3644db7b9

java.lang.Exception: invalid parameters, width:0 height: color:16
at com.toremote.websocket.handler.RdpHandler.processHandShake(SourceFile:315)
at com.toremote.websocket.handler.AbstractHandler.handshake(SourceFile:137)
at com.toremote.websocket.handler.AbstractSessionHandler.handshake(SourceFile:617)
at com.toremote.websocket.handler.AbstractHandler.onHandShake(SourceFile:113)
at com.toremote.ej.a(SourceFile:1160)
at com.toremote.bo.run(SourceFile:82)
at com.toremote.bv.run(SourceFile:252)

Thanks in advance,

Stefan

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events