cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyberBreaker
Contributor

Remote Access VPN Files

Hello, Good day!

I would like to be clarify what is the use of the "trac.config" and "trac.default" files for the remote-access VPN? Is these the so-called VPN profiles for each users? 

I was checking on how to increase VPN session timeout and most of the posts and Check Point documentation points to this files. Is this means that every time I need to change something for remote-access VPN, I need to change the values of these two files for each endpoints?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is only a couple cases where you might need to modify the file on the client itself, but generally you configure them on the security gateways the users connect to.
The clients will get updated versions of these files from the gateway next time they connect.
0 Kudos
CyberBreaker
Contributor

Hi @PhoneBoy , how can I configure it in the security gateway like increasing the VPN session timeout? Is there's a direct interface that I can work on in the Check Point smart console or GAIA? Thank you.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There are SKs and documentation that mention editing these files for different purposes.
This is not one of those purposes
The VPN timeout (or more specifically the re-authentication timeout) is configured in Global Properties > Remote Access > Endpoint Connect.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events