Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dreyfuss
Contributor

Mobile access blade with segfault.

Hi! It seems that I discovered the problem about File Sharing describe in https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Mobile-Access-Blade-with-CIFS-segfault/m-p/818...

It turns out that Checkpoint itself is dubious in understanding about compatibility in smbv2 / 3 with version 80.30 (even in kernel 3.10). In one sk CP says it is not compatible, in another CP says it is compatible. In my studies, I saw that it was compatible, yes. And I started without migrating to version 80.40. The heart of the matter is the fact that, for Mobile Access, the default is for the feature to make the connection in SMBv1, according to https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut.... This should not be default, or at least, that this information should be clearer.
There is also clear confusion regarding the compatibility of version 80.30 and smbv2 / 3. 

DEFAULT is still SMBv1!!!

After applying these settings, I listed the dialect between server and Windows Server:

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/xxx /opt/CPcvpn-R80.30/mnt/cvpn_mnt/ml14 cifs rw,relatime,vers=3.0,sec=ntlmssp,cache=strict,username=john.doe,domain=XXXXXX,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,mapposix,noperm,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1 0 0

In spite of this call to be with the support of Checkpoint of the United States for 365 days (1 YEAR!), no one in CP knows to fix it.
SR: 6-0001974972

Now I got one more problem: after 2 hours, the mounting simply vanishes from mount location and the user of Mobile Access loses the connection to the share. So, after a re authentication, everything works again. Here we go again.

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

@AndreiR any way we can make SMBv3 the default in a future JHF or version?

0 Kudos
Jenni_Guerrica
Participant

Did you ever get a solution?  We are having a similar issue now on R80.40 jumbo 94

[11 Aug 15:47:31] T_event_fdclr_epoll: failed to clear socket: 54 from epoll set: Bad file descriptor
[11 Aug 15:47:31] T_event_fdclr_epoll: failed to clear socket: 55 from epoll set: Bad file descriptor
[11 Aug 15:47:31] T_event_fdclr_epoll: failed to clear socket: 56 from epoll set: Bad file descriptor
[11 Aug 15:47:31] T_event_fdclr_epoll: failed to clear socket: 57 from epoll set: Bad file descriptor
[11 Aug 15:47:31] T_event_fdclr_epoll: failed to clear socket: 58 from epoll set: Bad file descriptor
[11 Aug 15:47:31] T_event_fdclr_epoll: failed to clear socket: 59 from epoll set: Bad file descriptor

0 Kudos
Dreyfuss
Contributor

Hi there!

There are two problems: the first one is solved simply changing the default version on SMB (DEFAULT is v1!) as follows: cvpnd_settings $CVPNDIR/conf/cvpnd.C set FileShareDefaultSmbVersion "<version>"

The second problem is: after two hours (aprox) the users loses the connection. There´s no answer from TAC, so I made a "gambiarra" (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gambiarra)
I scheduled a job by crontab (using jobuser) to make a ls (1 minute each) in the /opt/mnt/etc,etc,etc where the mountings are located. So, the Gaia´ OS do not loses the connection with the file server.
Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to be clear, SMBv2/v3 does not work on the Linux 2.6.18 kernel, which was standard prior to R80.40.
And the fact the connection times out after 2 hours does make some sense since that's the default connection timeout if there is no activity on that connection.
That "gambiarra" is one way to keep those connections active. 🙂

Dreyfuss
Contributor

I agree! Fortunately, we upgraded to kernel 3.10 (R80.30), that is compatible with SMBv2/3. Since @Jenni_Guerrica is running with 80.40, probably it´s standard for it. IMO, since the user is connected in Portal, the Gaia should keep those connections running up, until the user disconnects (Sign Out) or the reach the interval for reconnection/reauth.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82
    CheckMates Events