Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Bily
Participant

Manual MEP and Load Sharing

I have been doing some testing with Virtual Gateway in Azure, for our IPSec remote Access VPN setup.      It is configured using a manual mep configuration, and with load sharing.    I currently have 2 gateways participating in the manual mep configuration.

When I first set this up, my tests showed that my Check Point Mobile for Windows client would round-robin connections between the gateways.   Meaning if I was connected to Gateway A,  after a disconnect, the next connection would then connect me to Gateway B.    Which i how I thought i understood that load sharing  was supposed to work.  

But my latest round of tests, my VPN client seems to always prefer the same gateway that I was last connected to.   And to my knowledge nothing has changed in my configurations.    So I am questioning if load sharing is actually working.  Would anyone  on CheckMates possibly have an explanation for this behavior change.       

Both my gateway in mep are still functioning.   I validate this by removing my last connection (Gateway A)  from the Remote Access Community and pushing policy.     My client would connect to the Gateway  B without issue.       I just don't understand why the round robin behaviour seemed to stop.   

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version of gateway and client?
0 Kudos
Scott_Bily
Participant

Gateway are running R80.30, latest Take 191.
And my client The Check Point Mobile for Windows version E92.50,  but this is consistent with users on older version as well.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to be clear, MEP does not do true load balancing.
The client should randomly select a gateway for connection.
Shouldn't always pick the same one, but maybe that's bad luck?
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events