Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macuser79
Participant
Jump to solution

Mac OS Sequoia Beta 1 - Negotiation with site failed

Hi everyone,
for work needs I installed Sequoia, the Mac operating system that was released yesterday, on my Macbook Air M1.
Yes, I know it shouldn't be done but developing in the mobile sector, I am forced to always be updated with Apple systems.
I therefore needed to install the VPN client to develop with the test environment, but unfortunately every time I try to connect I always receive the "Client" message.
Below I show you my configuration, maybe it can be useful to someone.

OS version: Mac OS Sequoia Beta 1
Version of Remote Access client: E88.30

Authentication to the VPN occurs in the following way: "Multi-Factor Authentication"

The problem is the following: "Negotiation with site failed"

I start the VPN client, it shows me my company screen to enter the username and password. After correctly entering the credentials, I receive the "Welcome Authenticated By your Identity Provider" screen and then the Safari browser does not close automatically, leaving me with the open screen. Then after a few minutes I receive the error message "Negotiation with site failed".
I would like to be able to change browsers, for example Chrome, but I don't know if that solves the problem.
What can I do ?
Thank you,
Vincenzo

Screen_1.png

Error.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
macuser79
Participant

I solved the problem.
Having a Mac with an ARM M1 processor, I installed the iPad version from the Apple Store and after having correctly configured it with my company's settings, I can access the VPN without problems.
Thank you all for the support

View solution in original post

14 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

MacOS Sequoia is currently unsupported.
I assume we'll support it in an upcoming release.

macuser79
Participant

I had no doubt that there could be problems, although in reality with the first Beta version of Sonoma, the VPN client worked without problems.
I don't know if there is a Beta Testing program for this type of App, I would be happy to participate if it were possible.
Thank you,
Vincenzo

0 Kudos
macuser79
Participant

I solved the problem

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If Phoneboy says its unsupported, then thats the answer 🙂

Andy

0 Kudos
macuser79
Participant

I had no doubt that there could be problems, although in reality with the first Beta version of Sonoma, the VPN client worked without problems.
I don't know if there is a Beta Testing program for this type of App, I would be happy to participate if it were possible.
Thank you,
Vincent

0 Kudos
macuser79
Participant

I solved the problem.
Having a Mac with an ARM M1 processor, I installed the iPad version from the Apple Store and after having correctly configured it with my company's settings, I can access the VPN without problems.
Thank you all for the support

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Excellent job!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The client on the iPad is different from what you would natively install on the Mac (Check Point Mobile versus Endpoint Security VPN).
As different client types can be allowed/disallowed on the remote end, it may or may not work in all situations.

macuser79
Participant

Yes, you're right, it's completely different but, while waiting for a new version of the client to be released, I use this system.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had done it many times before on my personal macbook air and it was always fine. But, Phoneboy is 100% correct, IF there is an issue, TAC most likely would not help you if it states its not supported.

As long as you are aware, then no argument 🙂

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I was speaking to the fact that specific client types can be enabled/disabled in the Remote Access configuration.
TAC support is a separate issue. 🙂

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Understood 🙂

0 Kudos
macuser79
Participant

We are all aware that it may not work...but as I have already indicated before, while waiting for the native Mac client to work correctly on Sequoia too, I use this mode to be able to connect to the VPN.
I'm not having any discussion, you're having the discussion.
I wanted to give my contribution but unfortunately I can't not use Mac Sequoia, because I need it for my apps, which use IOS as the operating system and be operational immediately when IOS 18 comes out

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Duscussions are healthy mate 😉

No, thats fair, I agree with the choice you made, I would have done the same.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events