cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abihsot__
Advisor

MAB not translating the URL

Hi there,

we are running MAB portal on R80.40 and I want to configure web application using "hostname translation" method, however I get into problem when html element is being loaded  from another server. 

Web application has following code:

<script src="a/b/script1.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="//server2:4444//x/y/script2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Assuming main application is accessed via "server1", I can see with the help of developers tool (F12) that all elements of the web application are translated just fine (including script1.js in the example), except the ones which are invoked from "server2". Those are keeping original URL, thus fail to load.

TAC case registered anyway.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you configured access to Server 2 via MAB?
Otherwise, it assumes that server is external and thus won't go through MAB's host translation.

0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

Yes, of course. All servers are configured in "Authorized location" -> "Multiple servers". 

I did some testing with dummy app and loading html elements externally in various ways and it seems MAB doesn't like when external source starts with "//".

It works if I change to "https://something".  Unfortunately application is proprietary and I can't change the code.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not sure if this is a bug or not.
Either way, it's probably going to require a TAC case to resolve.

0 Kudos
abihsot__
Advisor

I think it is a bug. Not an html expert, but it seems it is common to define external css or js elements starting with "//".  Some elements are defined starting with "https://", though. Don't know the difference but in my opinion both ways should be handled by MAB.

example from checkmates website:

checkmates.JPG

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I am inclined to agree it's a bug, which makes a TAC case the logical next step.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events