Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterL
Explorer

MAB - SNX - JavaScript throttling issue still present after JHF install ?

Hi all,

I wonder if someone here can shed some light on the status of the Javascript throttling issue present when using SNX on MAB.

As described in sk173765, users connecting through SNX in R81.X or higher experience intermittent disconnects caused by the "Javascript throttling" feature present in Chromium based browsers.  Up until recently, the very same SK provided a specific HotFix for this issue, which has always worked fine.

Now, I notice that this hotfix is no longer available nor needed, as it is incorporated in a JHF (Take 26 for R81.20, Take 110 for R81.10 and Take 87 for R81).  Great news, however...

I ran into one of our customers running R81.10 + JHF Take 130 and still experiencing the issue.  As long as the SNX browser-window retains focus, the VPN connection remains active.  After minimizing the SNX browser-window, the VPN disconnect after a few minutes.

Re-applying the latest (but no longer available) Hotfix (cvpn_HOTFIX_R81_10_JS_THROTTLING_V3_289_MAIN_GA_FULL.tar) on top of the JHF 130, proves to solve the issue.

I do confess that after installing the JHF 110 as part of the standard patch-policy in place, the specific HotFix was applied.  As soon as we noticed it was no longer needed, it was removed again.  Perhaps the uninstall removed/changed some files that were already updated by the JHF (but that's just thinking out loud) ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Possibly.
Best to check with TAC on this as applying a hotfix on top of a higher JHF than it was designed for may cause an issue.
https://help.checkpoint.com 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events