Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olle
Participant
Jump to solution

Legacy Policy 2 Unified Access Policy

Hi all

I want to switch to Unified Access Policy from Legacy Policy but I have people using it much of the time.

So any tips on changing without stopping users from login in?

Any one have some step by step guide

Do I need to build the same rules and object in the new policy?  

We run management 80.40 and SG 5800 with 80.30

Regards

Olle

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
In general, a policy install is required for a new policy to take effect on the gateway.
All you'd be doing is cloning the policy to a new policy package and working on that new policy.
Provided you don't install that policy before you're ready, it will have zero impact on the gateway.

Note that changes made to objects that exist in both policies will ultimately impact both policies.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Best to clone your existing policy package, then you can make whatever changes are needed to unify the policy.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.34.42 PM.png

As every policy is quite different, it's difficult to suggest best practices that apply to everyone. 

0 Kudos
Olle
Participant

Thanks 

So I build a new rulebase in the new GUI, will the old rules in the old GUI have any influence on traffic?

Regards

Olle

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
In general, a policy install is required for a new policy to take effect on the gateway.
All you'd be doing is cloning the policy to a new policy package and working on that new policy.
Provided you don't install that policy before you're ready, it will have zero impact on the gateway.

Note that changes made to objects that exist in both policies will ultimately impact both policies.
0 Kudos
Olle
Participant
Hi
If I change to Access Policy and don’t change any objects can I change back to Legacy Policy without problems?

Regards
Olle
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Even if you change the existing objects, they should apply in both policies as both sets of objects come from the same place.
As far as I know, you can switch between the two policy methods (Legacy and Unified) but that requires a policy install to take effect.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Wed 01 May 2024 @ 02:00 PM (EDT)

South US: HTTPS Inspection Best Practices

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)