cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
driftking9987
Explorer

Endpoint Security VPN Not working on Big Sur

Hi Everyone,

Am trying to connect to VPN through Endpoint security but am getting error.

Screenshot 2020-11-17 at 3.28.11 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-11-17 at 3.29.19 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-11-17 at 3.30.48 PM.png

Currently am on Big SUR OS ( 11.0.1 ) .

Also, when trying to install  `snx_install_osx.sh` through `sudo sh ./snx_install_osx.sh` , it gives me `

The operation couldn’t be completed. (kmutil.KMError error 10.)` error.

Any help is highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Big Sur is not yet supported. We expect EPS clients to support it in about a couple of month. There is a private Early Availability in progress for EPS on Big Sur. You will have to reach out to your local Check Point representatives to get onboard. 

Anyhow, your client is too old, even for most of supported OSX versions. 

0 Kudos
driftking9987
Explorer

I will try to reach out to the local rep guys. In the meanwhile, when am trying to connect to the VPN via native application option, it's stuck on `initializing` mode, I tried installing the `snx_install_osx.sh` but it errors out. What's the easiest way I can connect to the VPN?

I have Java 10 installed on my system.

java version "10.0.2" 2018-07-17

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.2+13, mixed mode)

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We just released an EA version of the clients that support Big Sur.
See: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 

This probably doesn't include SNX.

0 Kudos
Chris_Butler
Collaborator

An word on whether SNX is supported on Big Sur?

I have two new hires starting today with brand newish macbook pros running OSX 11.3.x and 11.4.x 

0 Kudos
RamGuy239
Advisor
Advisor

If you didn't know. The client with support for macOS Big Sur was released in GA back in April:
https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

It will also support Mac's running on Apple M1, but you will need to have the Rosetta2 emulation running.

Certifications: CCSA, CCSE, CCSM, CCSM ELITE, CCTA, CCTE, CCVS, CCME
0 Kudos
Chris_Butler
Collaborator

Thanks for the reply!

I was asking about the SSL Network Extender, specifically, although, after reaching out to TAC, It seems that I might be forced to use the Endpoint VPN client instead of the clientless SNX solution we already have deployed and paid for. 

I am about to look into implementing that right now actually, if our SNX licenses will cover using the endpoint solution. 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The VPN client on the Mac currently requires a Harmony Endpoint/SBA, CPEP-ACCESS, or a legacy SecureClient license.
It is not currently covered by Mobile Access license. 
I would bring the requirement up with your local Check Point office.

0 Kudos
Chris_Butler
Collaborator

Thanks,

We currently have Check Point Enterprise Endpoint Security for our internal LAN PCs, (Managed from our Smart 1-410 box which manages both the security (gateway) and Endpoint) the licenses include the VPN client.

If we have a spare seat or two, I would assume I could use one of those? 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Yes, that should work.
May still be worth engaging the local office around this requirement in any case.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events