Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Joslin
Explorer

Endpoint Security Client - Post connect script

Can anyone please remind me where in Checkpoint I might set a post connect script to be run on a remote client machine after the Endpoint Security Client has successfully connected remote VPN?  This would be a batch file script is to map network drives & printers etc.  I've looked through the VPN Admin Guide & online, but I'm struggling to find the right information - only instructions with SSL extender.  I've looked in: Policy > Global Properties; GW Properties > Mobile Access; Mobile Access [Tab] > Applications. 

Thanks in advance...

8 Replies
Travis_Krings
Participant

I am also looking for the same answer.  Did you ever figure this out?

Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Simply use Windows Task Scheduler to check every minute if the VPN is up, then run your tasks.

Travis_Krings
Participant

I suppose that could work, but I'm looking for a way to configure this in the VPN client or gateway so I don't have to push a task to 2000+ workstations.  Every other VPN I have used has this ability, so hoping that it is buried somewhere in Check Point too.  I saw some references to this in really old CPUG posts, but haven't found anything for current versions.

AndreiR
Employee
Employee

Here is excerpt from Remote Access Clients for Windows 32/64-bit E80.72 and Higher administration guide:

Configuring Post Connect Scripts

The Post Connect feature lets you run a script on client computers after connection is established. You must make sure that the script resides on the client computers, in the correct path.

To set the script path:

1. Open GuiDBedit.
  2. Set desktop_post_connect_script to a full path on client machines for a script that Remote Access Clients will run after a connection is established (leave empty to disable the feature).
  3. Set desktop_post_connect_script_show_window to true to make the script run in a new window. (The default is false. The script runs in a hidden window.).
  4. Save and close GuiDBedit.
  5. Install the policy.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Travis_Krings
Participant

Thanks for the info, I missed that info in my search.  Does the script really have to reside locally on the client computer?  I was assuming I could just point to a UNC path since it is post connect and the client will be on the network at that point.

0 Kudos
Roman_Petry
Participant

Hi.. we have the same issue here..

Did you get the UNC Way to work ?

Thanks roman

0 Kudos
tomekpolit
Explorer

Hi, have Yoy find something about run script from UNC path ? 

0 Kudos
Pbeau
Participant

Hi,

I can confirm this works with a UNC path.

- Paul

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events