Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jberg712
Contributor

Default site creation Standalone VPN client

I'm really struggling trying to find if this is possible or not.  Ideally we want to rollout the Standalone VPN client and have it all pre-configured.  I've been trying to follow the SK's regarding the VPN client Configuration Utility and the altering of the Trac.defaults file.  There are a lot of parameters in the Trac.defaults file, but there isn't a lot of documentation on the parameters.  I see options like "predefined_sites_only", "display_name", "authentication_method", etc... so I don't know if it's possible to create the site via the trac.defaults.

Even when I build a trac.config file and tell it to apply it during installation, that file doesn't seem to contain the site either.

The only method I can see is to do a script that uses >trac.exe create -s 

Is there any other way of doing this with the Standalone VPN client?

JB

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

What is the sk you followed? I remember customer I worked with before was actually able to do this properly.

0 Kudos
jberg712
Contributor

I initially followed SK122574 and SK108982.  Read over the RemoteVPN Admin Guide and Endpoint Guide.  Searched for a couple of hours and couldn't find much anything else.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Install the standalone VPN client on a PC, configure it as desired (including the relevant site(s)), and then extract the configuration from said client using the VPN Configuration Utility.

0 Kudos
jberg712
Contributor

I attempted this, but when I ran the installer it didn't put the site in when the package was installed on the new machine.  The new machine is a Windows 11 system.  A colleague of mine did install it on a Windows 10 system and it did include the site.  Is there anything different between Windows 11 and 10?  This is the 'recommended' Endpoint version E86.60 that i'm attempting this on

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think that makes sense, I found an email from customer saying they had same issue with windows 11 and TAC was unable to find a solution. I can only logically assume its a limitation, so does not sound like you did single thing wrong.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I presume Windows 10 and 11 have some differences in them, but have no idea how that is impacting the VPN Configuration Utility and it's ability to include the relevant configuration in the generated MSI.
Recommend opening a TAC case.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events